New Students (grades 9- 12)
For students moving into the Huntington Beach Union High School District …there are six comprehensive high schools, and two alternative education high schools. In order to verify that the street address in which you reside is within Fountain Valley High School ’s boundaries please visit the home school locator by clicking here. If you do not see your address in the Fountain Valley High School boundary, then you will need to apply for an intra-district or an inter-district transfer if you want your child to attend Fountain Valley High School. For information about how to obtain an intra- or inter-district transfer visit Changing Schools. click here to review the district’s info for open enrollment, inter-district and incoming 8th graders.
New students should bring the following items to the receptionist so that they can be directed to a guidance specialist for enrollment and scheduling (Note: This process can take a day or two.):
- Proof of residence verified by an electric bill or a gas bill ONLY
- Immunizations and a TB test within the last 60 days
- Unofficial transcripts & proof of withdrawal from previous school
Open Enrollment (Grades 8-11) for 2016-2017
IE., CHANGING SCHOOLS WITHIN HBUHSD (aka OPEN ENROLLMENT)
Open Enrollment starts on January 19th at 12:00PM!
Priority will be given to those that complete the process by February 29th. Contracts will be processed in the order they are received. Contracts received after May 17th will placed on a waiting list.
The Huntington Beach Union High School District will continue to offer open enrollment for the 2016-2017 school year. If your son/daughter wishes to attend the resident assigned high school, no further action is required. We recommend that you take this opportunity to create your Aeries Parent Account, instructions at my.hbuhsd.edu, which will be used throughout your student’s high school career. If you wish to request a transfer to a different high school within the district, then you will need to register for an Aeries Parent Account (instructions below and at my.hbuhsd.edu) and complete the Enrollment Confirmation at my.hbuhsd.edu which will be available starting January 19, 2016. Dates for transfer deadlines will be listed on the Enrollment Confirmation page, priority will be given to students who complete the process by February 29, 2016.
The following information will be required to create the parent account:
- HBUHSD Student ID Number: Unique six (6) digit ID number assigned by the district
- Primary Telephone Number: The family’s primary telephone number
- Verification Code (VPC): Unique eight (8) digit access code assigned by the district
- Email address: current preferred email addresses
A parent account in Aeries allows you to view (and update where applicable) your student(s) demographic information, emergency information, grades, attendance, etc. as well as register them for the next school year. The Aeries account is also required to log into MyClasses (my.hbuhsd.edu).
Inter-District Transfers (All Grades) for school year 2016-2017
Students who wish to attend Fountain Valley HS, but live outside of the HBUHSD attendance area, need to complete the following steps to attend FVHS (space permitting) for the 2016-2017 school year:
- As soon as possible, you mut obtain a signed Interdistrict Attendance Agreement from your home school district, which releases your child from that district and gives permission for him/her to apply to HBUHSD. You must do this ASAP as it may take considerable time for your district to process your request. Beginning Monday, March 1, 2016, bring the Interdistrict Attendance Agreement to the HBUHSD, Office of Educational Services at 5832 Bolsa Avenue, Huntington Beach, CA, 92649 along with copies of the following:
- Most recent transcript or report card.
- Attendance records.
- Disciplinary records.
- Individualized Educational Program (applicable to Special Education students only).
- Priority will be given to students who have submitted paperwork before April 1, 2016. Students who submit the above paperwork between April 2, 2016 and May 31, 2016 will be allowed a transfer based upon availability and the order they are received. Students who submit paperwork June 1, 2016 or later will be placed on a waiting list.
If you have questions about our interdistrict transfer policy or about your student’s school placement, please visit our website at hbuhsd.edu or call 714-903-7000 x4402