FVHS Athletic Department
Indoor and Outdoor Weight Room Standards for Usage & Cleanliness
All Coaches and Athletes are responsible to maintain a clean, healthy, and safe environment for all to use in order to strengthen athletes and programs at FVHS.
We have a number of teams utilizing both weight rooms. When your team is finished, please make sure equipment is put away. Head Coaches need to REVIEW and EXPLAIN these expectations with all Assistant coaches and every athlete often…do not leave the weight room until it is cleaned properly.
*See pictures sent out in an email and as posted in the Weight Room for the Expectation.
Expectations for use in both the indoor and outdoor weight rooms are as follows:
- All machines and equipment should be returned to its original state upon completion of every sport team work out session.
- Dumb bells and weight plates should be returned to the racks in their marked spots– do not leave any size plate (or dumb bell) on a bar or on the floor.
- Safety latches and bar rests should be replaced back on to the equipment if removed (do not leave them on the floor).
- If you move a machine, return it to the original location.
- If plyometric boxes or mats are used, they are to be stacked neatly against walls at the end of the work out session.
- The weight room floor should be clean of debris, trash, etc.
- After your work out session, have athletes wipe down machines and pick up trash. *Towels and cleaner will be stocked in the cabinet in the weight room.
- If a machine breaks or needs repair, REPORT it to the Athletic Director asap.
- Close & Lock all Weight Room Doors
- Leave the Weight Room better than how you found it!
Rules Specific to the Outdoor Weight Room:
- All barbells should be returned to bar storage in back of squat racks or placed in barbell storage stand inside of door near the “Blue Room”.
- The only barbells to be left outside in the “Blue Room” are the ones marked with athletic tape in middle of the bar.
- All rubber bumper plates should be stored in vertical plate “dish” racks between platforms.
- All metal plates should be stored on storage pins on back of squat rack. From top to bottom- 2.5’s, 5’s, 10’s, 25’s, 35’s, 45’s
- RETURN BAR CLIPS /COLLARS TO TOP WEIGHT STORAGE PIN ON BACK OF SQUAT RACK WIHT THE 2.5 LB PLATES.
- Return all bands to band storage back inside weight room near front door.
- Return benches to flat position inside squat racks.
EXAMPLES OF POOR CLEANING HABITS
HOW THE WEIGHT ROOM SHOULD LOOK LIKE WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED